BCC Headers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: BCC Headers

BCC Headers 8 years, 4 months ago #1967

• ratman99uk
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All

We have just installed POP Collector replacing an exsing EFS (www.chimera.co.nz/efsmain.htm) installation.

We get problems with people sending BCC emails and they end up in the default account. In EFS you could enable custom headers:
delivered-to:
x-listmember:
x-rcpt-to:
resent-to:
apperently-to:

Adding these soloved most of the problems with bbc emails. Would it be possible for these to be added to Pop Collector?

Regards

Paul

Re: BCC Headers 8 years, 2 months ago #1972

• fhaas
  • Fresh Boarder
I got the same Problem here (changed from EFS, too , With an Exchange 2010)

What can i do so BCC-Mails beeing forwarded in the right Mailbox?

Re: BCC Headers 8 years, 1 month ago #1990

• PLumakang
  • Fresh Boarder
Same here..... BCC always goes to the default account... or the failsafe account.... Will there be any updates in the future or is there any work-around regarding this problem. FYI this is a great tool except only for the mentioned issue. I'm still on testing phase of this tool and my company is willing to donate if everything goes well.

Re: BCC Headers 8 years, 1 month ago #1993

BCC information is contained in the SMTP envelope of a message, and is not available once the message has been delivered to a POP3 mailbox. While it may be that some systems add X-headers, POP Collector does not analyse these. In most cases these headers won't be present, as the whole point in BCC is that there is no evidence on the message of BCC recipients. Unfortunately this is a limitation of all POP collectors (albeit some may offer the feature of analysing X-headers).

POP Collector hasn't been updated for a long time, as the need for such utilities is diminishing with the advent of fast, permanently on internet connections (i.e. Exchange should be configured such that email is delivered directly to it). I am unlikely to add any features in the future. I am developing a new utility that is a fully fledged POP/SMTP engine, but this has very low priority currently.

If someone else is interested in adding additional features to POP Collector, I am more than happy to share the source code. I can also publish any updates on this site. PC is written in VB6 (so is dated anyway).

Re: BCC Headers 8 years ago #1994

• PLumakang
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the info purplepomegranite. Just figured out a workaround by creating a indivual POP mailbox for users. This way, they will definitely receive the mail even if they BCCd. But still I'm downloading from a catchall account for users who are likely not to use BCC. I know it's not a absolute solution but still works for my company and POP Collector is still a great tool
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.