Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ip address

ip address 9 years, 11 months ago #1420

• ferdz
  • Fresh Boarder
hi,

i just bought your plugin Registration Validator 2..

i have a user that register every now and then using mail.com, post.com and usa.com.. i saw his/her ip address using JoomlaStats but the problem, the ip address is dynamic, the ip address change:

this are the ip address:
and many more..

the username he/she used:
Team Elite34
Team Elite33
Team Elite32
and many more..

how can i ban or don't let the user access my website?

Sorry for my poor english.
Thanks in advance..

Re:ip address 9 years, 11 months ago #1421

There are a few options, but the difficulty here is trying to block this particular user without blocking others.

The IPs you have listed are all in the same block - assuming that these are the only IPs you have seen used, you could add 121.54.54.* to the IP blocklist - this would block any IP that started with the first three octets.

You could also add a username block, maybe Team Elite*, or *elite*.

Unfortunately both the above blocks are not too difficult to get around, but it is very difficult to try to block a user anyway. It is very easy to get a new email address, IP, and username - in which case any blocks will be bypassed.

Re:ip address 9 years, 11 months ago #1422

• ferdz
  • Fresh Boarder
hi,

thank you for your respose..

i did the right thing, what i did was add the username Elite and ip address 121.54.54.. but i am not sure if 121.54.54 is applicable to block ip address..i also block the domain name that they use, for sure it will not affect a lot of user because its not really know here in our country.

And i think, this is the problem: "user without blocking others" using the ip address. I am not sure if someone will affect. Is there anyway that i can see if they are still trying to register in my website?

Sorry, but i really have no idea what is the difference of Ip address and IP range?or they are same?

And how the user can get new ip address?without using other connection..

Re:ip address 9 years, 11 months ago #1423

An IP range is simply a series of IP addresses. So, blocking 121.54.54.* would block any IP address starting with 121.54.54 (i.e. 121.54.54.1, 121.54.54.2 up to 121.54.54.255).

RV2 tries to obtain the user's actual IP address, but this is not always possible. There are many ways to mask your IP address (e.g. anonymising proxy servers), and these will simply not provide the information. In these cases, the IP determined by RV2 will in fact be the proxy server, so blocking that IP will also block anyone else using that proxy server (though depending upon which proxy server it is, this may not be entirely undesirable).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.