spammer registered using email raported in stopfor
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: spammer registered using email raported in stopfor

spammer registered using email raported in stopfor 8 years, 1 month ago #1989

• marcob
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

We are using joomla 2.5.4 with registry validator 2.
Option 'Use www.stopforumspam.com' is set to 'Yes (reject any match)'. In RV logs with have only ips blocked.

Yestarday spammer using email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it registered on our joomla and made a mess on our forum. You can check his email at www.stopforumspam.com/search. It had been raported few days before he registered on our site.

The question is how he went through? Why no emails are blocked in our logs?

His ip 95.134.26.71 was raported after a few minutes later by someone else at botscout (but now isn't there anymore???). Now this ip is also blocked at stopforumspam.com.

Another thing:
can you also integrate with www.stop-registration-spam.org/ ?

Re: spammer registered using email raported in stopfor 8 years ago #1991

Did you have logging enabled? If RV logging was enabled, it will show if the StopForumSpam check was made and the result. In the event that there was a connectivity problem or similar (i.e. StopForumSpam couldn't be reached at that point in time), then the registration will not be blocked. I also had a spammer get through recently (first one for at least a year!), though haven't checked my logs as yet.

I'll look at the other blocklist you have shown and add it to the next release. I'll be removing undisposable from the next release as that has disappeared completely. The next release will be at the same time as this site is upgraded, which is imminent now. I am in the final stages of the subscription add-in, which needed to be completely rewritten for Joomla 2.5 (though it does now allow you to view your subscriptions, and will be extended considerably).

Re: spammer registered using email raported in stopfor 8 years ago #1992

• marcob
  • Fresh Boarder
Logging is set to verbose
option 'Use www.stopforumspam.com' is set to 'Yes (reject any match)'.

BUT
no checks are done on the emails, only ip checks are done
I will send you our log so you can see yourself
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.