Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: error

error 9 years, 9 months ago #1522

• gdarnton
  • Fresh Boarder
I got the following error when I tried to enable Registration Validator after installation:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/[name snipped]/public_html/plugins/system/cedit_registrationvalidator/class.antispam.php on line 28

Any thoughts?

I would also appreciate any pointers to installation or congiguration information. I failed to find clear documentation about this - could be me not looking hard enough - so I just had to do an upload and install from Joomla.

Once I got the above error message, I couldn;t use the browser back button to get back to the Joomla control panel.

Re:error 9 years, 9 months ago #1523

• gdarnton
  • Fresh Boarder
actually, the problem is really a lot more serious that just getting the error message - now I cannot login to the website normally or the administrator panel - I just get that error message now everytime I try!

Re:error 9 years, 9 months ago #1524

I haven't released an update for a while now, and you are the first to report this error, so it must be something to do with the setup of your server.

First things first, which version of PHP do you use? RV2 requires PHP5 - and in fact, looking at line 28 that particular line will not be recognised by PHP4, so I think that is the problem. If it is, you need to upgrade to PHP5 - some of the features required by RV2 are not available in PHP4.

To get into the site again, you'll have to manually delete the plugin (which involves deleting the files and deleting the details in the Joomla database).

Re:error 9 years, 9 months ago #1526

• gdarnton
  • Fresh Boarder
Many thanks for that. You were spot on.

I had managed to get back into the site experimenting with renaming what I thought were the files and folder added by the installation. That worked and got me back in. I don't know what I would be looking for or how to remove the items manually from the Joomla database.

I checked the version of PHP on the server. I thought I was running PHP5. Joomla told me it was only 4.4.8. The server support folks have now made PHP5 available for me.

I have now re-installed RV2 and it seems to have worked. I've switched back on user registration for the new site, so I guess I will know if I get a problem or not, in the next few days. I don't know if I'll get any problems because I re-installed and did nothing to the Joomla database before doing so.

Thanks for your very prompt reply - much appreciated. It looks like it's my user error, and not a bug.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.