Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: EasyBlog

EasyBlog 9 years, 8 months ago #1571

• wdbirk2010
  • Fresh Boarder
Does Registration Validator Pro ver.2 Plug-in work with EasyBlog by Stack Ideas Private Ltd.? This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: EasyBlog 9 years, 8 months ago #1573

It doesn't currently, but I'll see if I can get Easyblog to install on my test site and implement support.

Re: EasyBlog 9 years, 8 months ago #1576

• wdbirk2010
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks.
I've tried 3 "free" Blog extensions that didn't work on my site. The EasyBlog commercial one seems to be the best available at present, although documentation is weak.

Re: EasyBlog 9 years, 8 months ago #1578

Stack Ideas have sent me Easyblog so that I can install on my test site and implement support. I'll update as soon as I can (hopefully with news of support!).

Re: EasyBlog 9 years, 8 months ago #1579

I've installed Easyblog on my test site - where did you want the antispam protection? Easyblog doesn't have it's own registration component that I can see, so RV should be protecting the registration process anyway. If blogs and comments are limited to registered users then there should be a reasonable level of protection already.

I can implement Akismet and Linksleeve checking of the actual blogs and comments - is this what you had in mind?

Re: EasyBlog 9 years, 8 months ago #1580

• wdbirk2010
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your efforts. I'm not familiar with Akismet and Linksleeve.
Our website is for a non-profit retirement association of some 700 seniors.
My problem is to make it reasonably secure against automated false registrants and spam without making registration too difficult for retirees to deal with.

I'm using the latest Joomla! update and am having trouble with registration of any kind. It seems that all looks well - users register, e-mails go to Administrator and to user - user verifies his address - Back-end shows user is registered (green icon)after admin authorizes, but when user logs on, registration is deemed not complete.
I think it has something to do with file permissions. I'm trying every Joomla! extension that deals with registration but they all seem to depend on the core Joomla! log-in registration. This is not your problem, It's mine - so adding features such as Akismet is great but for my purpose, I need it to be KISS (simple!). Thanks again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.