Native support for redSHOP eCommerce extension
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Native support for redSHOP eCommerce extension

Native support for redSHOP eCommerce extension 10 years ago #1368

• klutzon
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey there purplepomegranite,

This extension sounds like it's a great solution to filter illegitimate sign ups and account registrations, I'd certainly be willing to put down the annual subscription fee if it works like it says on the tin. I notice you wrote in its description that Virtuemart is one of the components it supports. I'm not using VM in my work anymore though, I have shifted to another eCommerce extension called "redSHOP" which has all the features VM has and much more, as well as stable and consistent support. You can find out more about redSHOP here: redcomponent.com/redshop.

I'm wondering if you could add redSHOP support in RV2, as it would offer redSHOP owners an extra level of anti-spam security for new account registrations, and we could certainly do with some more extensions for redSHOP as it's the team who are developing all its modules and plugins at the moment, and I'm sure they'd appreciate the assist in filling in feature requests.

redSHOP and VM share a lot of similar design traits, so porting your VM code and swapping in redSHOP's variables should do the trick. To access the full version of redSHOP and its extensions you will need to be a paid subscriber, but you can download the free redSHOP Light from here: redcomponent.com/free-downloads . It's a basic version of redSHOP that should provide enough functionality to learn how it works and what you'll need to support it in RV2.

I'm quite experienced with redSHOP, so if you'd like some more information or further assistance, kindly let me know and I'll help how I can (especially if you would like a beta tester ).

Looking forward to hearing from you, and wishing you and your team a great day!

Re:Native support for redSHOP eCommerce extension 10 years ago #1369

I will add support for RedShop to the next version of RV2. I just need to download it and install on my test site, then integration is fairly straightforward.

Re:Native support for redSHOP eCommerce extension 10 years ago #1370

I've added support for RedShop. This is available in 2.1.3, which I will release within a few days.

Re:Native support for redSHOP eCommerce extension 10 years ago #1371

• klutzon
  • Fresh Boarder
That's great to hear! I'm looking forward to it, and when it's available I'll let the other redSHOP users know.

While I organize the £15 for the subscription, I noticed that you also offer free subscriptions to those who can provide translated (and verified) language files for languages not currently supported by RV2. I'd be willing to offer a translation for French, Swahili or Hebrew if you'd like (although it's been a while since I've worked with Hebrew letters ). I believe you have my email address, let me know which language you'd like support for and send me the translation file.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.