Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker?

Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker? 10 years, 2 months ago #1292

• aef03
  • Fresh Boarder
I am a paid subscriber for version 2 and really like your product.

CB has an ajax email checker - checking mainly if it is a valid address and not previously registered.

Is it possible to have Registration Validator tie into the ajax check?

Otherwise they get very frustrated by getting an OK at that point and then after the form is cleared by submitting it they are told they cannot use that email address.

D.

Re:Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker? 10 years, 2 months ago #1293

It is not so straightforward to add support for Ajax registration look-ups, depending how they are done. I will certainly look at this though and see if it is easily done in RV or will require some modification elsewhere. Is the CB Ajax email checker built in to CB or is it an extra download? If you could point me in the right direction, I'll take a look.

Re:Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker? 10 years, 2 months ago #1294

• aef03
  • Fresh Boarder
It is built in.

I am using 1.2.2

To configure it go to:
Components > Community Builder > Configuration > Registration (tab)
The 5th item on the tab is "Ajax Email checker" and it has 3 settings.

Btw, I let the folks at Acymailing know you had already integrated with them. I had posted asking them to do it, then discovered the integration and posted back to the thread. They were thrilled.

I have also asked the folks at ChronoForms (www.chronoengine.com/) if they would be willing to integrate by making a plug-in to their system - but I don't know if they have the manpower. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but ChronoForms is an extremely flexible, free forms building tool. Due to it's curl integration you can use it to front end many other forms. I successfully used chronoforms to add a user to 12All bulk mailing (non-joomla integrated) and if Registration Validator had directly integrated with ChronoForms I would have had a solution that could use your excellent code to validate submission to ANY mailing system. ChronoForm can natively create Joomla users, CB users and/or store all form data in a database. It makes a great leads collection system because you don't HAVE to create a joomla user to collect the data (sometimes this just clutters up the system with user ids that will never be used again) - so validating emails would be an awesome option.

Chronoforms has a plugin API.

Thanks for looking into this.
D.

Re:Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker? 10 years, 2 months ago #1295

• aef03
  • Fresh Boarder
Forgot to mention that Chronoforms is also used by many people to front end some of the open source CRM systems.
D

Re:Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker? 10 years, 2 months ago #1296

Chronoforms has been mentioned before - and I think I got sidetracked before testing compatibility, so I will look again! RV2 will integrate fairly easily with many other modules, so all I usually need is a request and I can run some tests. There are too many Joomla offerings out there for me to try to keep up with those that aren't requested!

I will install CB on my test site and test the Ajax functions.

Re:Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker? 10 years, 2 months ago #1297

• aef03
  • Fresh Boarder
Great!

Also - don't forget to notify those you integrate with and ask them to put it up as a feature of their software - I think you would get a lot of uptake. (I did a ton of searching for a Joomla extension that did this before stumbling upon your extension)

Thanks,
D.

Re:Integrate with CB Ajax email Checker? 10 years, 2 months ago #1298

I've sent you a PM as I believe I have managed to implement Chronoforms support.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.