Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Can't install
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't install

Can't install 9 years, 5 months ago #1638

Hi,

I've been away from Joomla for some years now, so I may be doing something wrong, but when I try to install I get -

Unable to find install package

All I did was download the zip file. Then attempt to upload and install that same file via the Extension Manager: install in the administrative section. Please help.

Thanks.

Re: Can't install 9 years, 5 months ago #1639

This would normally be due to a corrupt download or upload. Can you open and extract the zip file you downloaded? I assume you are using Joomla 1.5?

Re: Can't install 9 years, 5 months ago #1644

Can you please check the file you have for downloading. I downloaded it twice and I can unzip the file with no problems. Am I downloading the wrong thing? Picture of unzipped folder attached. Thanks!

p.s. yes I'm using Joomla 1.5
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by bzeanbeauty.

Re: Can't install 9 years, 5 months ago #1645

There is nothing wrong with the download file from the site, and your screenshot of the contents of the zip file is correct.

Can you install other plugins or components? There may be an issue elsewhere (e.g. temp file permissions, or similar).

Re: Can't install 9 years, 5 months ago #1646

ahh... it is the first component I've tried to install since it went live so I guess that's probably it. So ahh, what's a temp file? and where do I find it?

Re: Can't install 9 years, 5 months ago #1647

When Joomla installs a plugin or component, it needs to extract the zip file to a temporary folder first. If it can't do this, it won't be able to install. Likewise it will need permissions to save the files into Joomla itself.

First thing I would do is to try installing another plugin just to see if it is a general problem. If it is, then you need to check permissions on your folders (on Linux, owner should have write permission to most folders).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.