Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

whitelist and blaklist email addresses?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: whitelist and blaklist email addresses?

whitelist and blaklist email addresses? 10 years, 7 months ago #737

• emeyer
  • Fresh Boarder
First to say, thank you for a useful plugin.

I like others had some problems with some people emailing in to say they couldn't log in because one of the spam servers had blacklisted them. So I disabled the spam server lists.

Then there are some spambots which still try to register with the same email address every day.

Would it be a good idea to adde whitelists for email addresses which override the spam server lists, and blacklists for email addresses which try to register from different IP addresses?

Re:whitelist and blaklist email addresses? 10 years, 7 months ago #751

• admin
  • Administrator
Registration Validator 2 has a domain whitelist, whereby any registrations from particular domains will be accepted without any further checks.

Future development of version 2 will include IP whitelists, and I'll also add email white and blacklists to this.

These features won't be added to version 1, however (unless someone else adds them - I'd be happy to release any modifications in this regard). Version 1 is no longer under development (except in the event that bugs are found).

Re:whitelist and blaklist email addresses? 10 years, 7 months ago #754

• emeyer
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the info. It was just a suggestion, because of a few complaints from site users, and overall I'm very happy that the volume of spam registrations has dropped.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.