Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Projecthoneypot?

Projecthoneypot? 10 years, 8 months ago #732

• Ecce
  • Fresh Boarder
ok so there are already lots of checks and its early days for me with RV but would project honeypot be the check to complete this plugin?

Re:Projecthoneypot? 10 years, 8 months ago #733

I have been aware of ProjectHoneyPot for some time. I may implement it, but I am currently looking at other ways to extend RV - my feeling is that RV already includes several lookups, and to add too many may actually be overkill.

I am currently investigating monitoring of forum postings (based on Kunena) to see if bots can be blocked based on behaviour - the only problem is, currently I have very little spam here (two postings in a year got through RV), so analysing behaviour is nigh on impossible! I will be setting up a bot trap on another domain to try and harvest some bots.

Basically, my theory at the moment is that many bot postings contain links that would be marked at SURBL. The few that wouldn't fail this check could probably be trapped based on behaviour (e.g. registering and posting within certain timeframe, certain keywords in postings).

New development will be in RV2, which will be available from this site soon (it is already protecting this site).

Re:Projecthoneypot? 10 years, 8 months ago #734

• Ecce
  • Fresh Boarder
yup, fair comment, I only mentioned projecthoneypot as until recently that was the only site I was aware of and appears to be the biggest of its kind?

Love the work you are doing and look forward to future developments

Re:Projecthoneypot? 10 years, 5 months ago #1152

Project Honeypot support is now in version 2, as well as several other features (including Kunena antispam measures).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.