"White List" Functionality?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: "White List" Functionality?

"White List" Functionality? 10 years, 8 months ago #679

• vasbinde
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I am setting up an Extranet site using Joomla and JomSocial, for my company (a large reputable electronics firm). In order to properly secure the site, I need to have a way to restrict all registrations from all email domain names, except for our business partners and current customers.

Your plugin is excellent at blocking everything in a particular list, but what if I wanted to completely block everything EXCEPT those domains on my approved list?

Is this a feature that you are considering or is on your roadmap?

If you are able to develop this into this extension, we will take the $99 that we've sunk into Foobla AntiSpam (which is completely broken for JomSocial whitelist functionality and has very SLOW support) and give it to you as a donation.

If you would like to verify my company affiliation, just send me a PM or an email message and I will confirm my company and our intentions.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Eric Vasbinder

Re:"White List" Functionality? 10 years, 8 months ago #680

I can add a whitelist function to version 2, which is the next release. It is a complete rewrite, incorporating full logging and the moving of the antispam to it's own class.

The easiest way I think would be to add an option to state whether the domain list was a whitelist or a blacklist (as I can think of no situations in which someone would want to implement both).

Version 2 should be available within a week, I am just finalising the emailing function for the log. Adding the whitelist option shouldn't delay the release at all.

Re:"White List" Functionality? 10 years, 8 months ago #681

• vasbinde
  • Fresh Boarder
Great! I'm looking forward to it!

Best Wishes,
Eric

Re:"White List" Functionality? 10 years, 8 months ago #690

• vasbinde
  • Fresh Boarder
Excellent Plug-in! I have just tested V2 and it works great with JomSocial. My donation of $99 USD is forthcoming now.

Thanks again,
Eric

Re:"White List" Functionality? 10 years, 8 months ago #691

Received with thanks.

And just to correct my first thoughts on implementing the whitelist - in the end it was an addition to the blocklist, and how it works can be selected. If "Only Accept Whitelist" is enabled, then any domain not on the whitelist is rejected. If "Only Accept Whitelist" isn't enabled, then if a domain is on the whitelist all other (blacklist) checks are skipped (and the registration is accepted). If it isn't on the whitelist, it is processed as usual (subjected to all checks).

More updates to v2 are planned, and there is now a roadmap on the dev site (which will move over to this site once development is complete).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.