Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Feature Request

Feature Request 10 years, 9 months ago #631

• JKewish
  • Fresh Boarder
I didn't see a feature request thread so please move this if it is in the wrong place.

Could you update the IP block list so we can use CIDR notation? The wildcard is handy but not very efficient when we are trying to block a netblock that spans multiple Class C addresses.

Since you use the $ip variable to capture the REMOTE_ADDR, how about entering a default Spamhaus link with the REMOTE_ADDR query in the Redirect Address field?

<?php $ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');?>
http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=<?php echo $ip;?>

Now when someone gets the registration denied message they can click on the link and go directly to a Spamhaus page showing their IP blacklist status.

Re:Feature Request 10 years, 8 months ago #639

I'll look into adding proper CIDR notation for the IP list. I went for the easy option of using wildcards - much easier to implement! I'll also look into adding the Spamhaus link, and possibly one to all the other providers. This would only work if custom redirection wasn't implemented.

Re:Feature Request 10 years, 8 months ago #640

• JKewish
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for considering both items. The asterisk wildcard really does save a lot of effort. CIDR entries may only be used by folks with more expertise but they certainly could save a lot of work by covering larger blocks of addresses.

I tweaked my code a bit so I am already using the Spamhaus link. That is a great idea to include links to other RBL services, I'll have to make a few changes to do the same.

Re:Feature Request 10 years, 8 months ago #644

I have stopped work on v1 now and am looking to release v2 this week. v2 is object based, and all the antispam checks are moved into a new object. This means that the antispam protection can easily be extracted and used in environments other than Joomla. I have also introduced a log class so that full logging (user configurable) can also be implemented.

I'll try to implement the links for the various services in the first v2 release, but need to look into the CIDR a bit more - not too sure how to implement the checks easily in PHP right now!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.