Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jomsocial

Jomsocial 10 years, 9 months ago #621

• tgotch
  • Fresh Boarder
Does this plugin work with the Jomsocial registration?

Re:Jomsocial 10 years, 9 months ago #622

Currently no, but this is the second request in a day for compatibility with JomSocial, so I am looking into this. Unfortunately it is not as straightforward as the adding support for other components has been, as the registration in JomSocial appears to be highly Ajax driven - and this is overriding the normal redirects of Registration Validator, and bypassing the block completely.

I will update as soon as I have more information.

Re:Jomsocial 10 years, 8 months ago #633

Version 1.2.1 now works with JomSocial.

Re:Jomsocial 10 years, 8 months ago #634

• tgotch
  • Fresh Boarder
That was quick

I will try to install and test this weekend

Re:Jomsocial 10 years, 8 months ago #635

Turned out I didn't need to analyse the Ajax after all!

One point to note... For it to work with JomSocial, you need to ensure that Registration Validator has the highest possible priority - in particular, it needs to be a higher priority than the JomSocial system plugin, otherwise it will be bypassed.

Think I'd better put this note on the main page too...

Re:Jomsocial 10 years, 7 months ago #795

How do I increase the "priority" of the validator... is this a server settign? where? how? thanks, angie

Re:Jomsocial 10 years, 7 months ago #796

You can change the order of plugins from the Plugin Manager in the administrator interface. When looking at the Plugin Manager, locate System - Registration Validator, and keep clicking the up arrow in the Order column until it is as low as it will go (usually 0) - this will ensure it is processed before any other plugins.

Re:Jomsocial 10 years, 7 months ago #797

Thanks for the quick response...Wow what a useful "tip"...By default (in my backend) it is "0" ..so I guess I am ready to go...I have a community builder site...do I need to do anything special to get it working there or does it run out of the box there too?

Re:Jomsocial 10 years, 7 months ago #798

It runs out of the box with all supported components, no changes needed. Sounds like you have it set up as it should be.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.