Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Using with other logins
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using with other logins

Using with other logins 11 years ago #427

I am currently using YOOlogin on my site and I'm not sure how to get Registration Validator to be used instead of the standard joomla registration. Any ideas?

Re:Using with other logins 11 years ago #428

Registration Validator works WITH standard Joomla registration, it simply validates the details once they are submitted - any that fail the checks will be rejected.

I am not familiar with YOOLogin - it may be that this is actually replacing the standard Joomla registration which will prevent Registration Validator from working. As YOOlogin is a paid for module/plugin, I cannot download it to be able to add support for it - on the basis that I provide my Joomla extensions for nothing, I object on principal to paying for others!!

I should be able to add support for it if you could send it to me. I have no interest in it personally, but so long as it isn't encrypted too heavily (if at all), I should be able to install it on my test site and modify Registration Validator to work with it.

Re:Using with other logins 11 years ago #429

YOOLogin is free actually, here is the link.

Re:Using with other logins 11 years ago #430

No problem, could have sworn it wasn't there earlier!

Have downloaded it, and will have a look when I get a chance.

Re:Using with other logins 10 years, 11 months ago #460

Hi,

On the same subject as this thread, does Registration Validator work with AjaxRegistration:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-.../authentication/9022

If not, could you possible modify it so it does?

Many thanks,

Dave.

Re:Using with other logins 10 years, 11 months ago #463

I will add this to the list of modules/plugins to test against.

Unfortunately I won't have chance to do this for some time, due to being tied up with other work. I have a list of four or so modules that people have requested this work with.

Re:Using with other logins 10 years, 11 months ago #464

I'm not surprised at these requests - yours is a brilliant little plugin and I suspect more and more people are using alternatives to the standard J! plugin.

Thanks and best wishes,

Dave.

Re:Using with other logins 10 years, 11 months ago #471

I have tested YooLogin with Registration Validator, and as YooLogin uses the standard Joomla registration, both already work together fine.

I have requested AjaxRegistration from the author so that I can ensure compatibility with that (sorry, I'm not willing to pay for other modules/plugins!). As soon as I receive a reply (or the plugin) I will update accordingly.

Re:Using with other logins 10 years, 11 months ago #472

AjaxRegistration support should be working in v1.1.5. Please check and let me know - I don't have the component to test!

Re:Using with other logins 10 years, 11 months ago #473

I'll take a look later and thanks!

Re:Using with other logins 10 years, 11 months ago #476

Hi,

It didn't quite work properly.

I installed it and when I tried to register with a banned account, Firefox took a long time to respond then I got the error:

"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

I then clicked the back button and the screen was full of the custom error message.

I then tried to create another account, but everytime I clicked on 'Create an Account' I was taken back to the redirect page (index.php) with the custom error message showing. I had not even got as far as entering a username and email address.

So I have now had to disable the plugin completely.

It's version 1.1.5 of the plugin and 1.5.14 of J!.

Thanks again and I hope this helps you find the bug.

Dave.

Re:Using with other logins 10 years, 11 months ago #478

Odd, I have had this report from a couple of other people too. Am looking into it ASAP to try to resolve. Though oddly, I am running 1.1.6 on my site and haven't had that issue - there is a different issue, which is why 1.1.6 isn't released yet.

I'll update as soon as I can.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.