work with virtuemart?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: work with virtuemart?

work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #261

• smckay79
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey

Love the idea of this plugin, and am wondering if there is a way for it to work with the virtuemart registration process. I tried it out on a live site i manage, and am not able to get it to work if they register through virtuemart.

Thanks
Scott

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #262

Does Virtuemart have it's own registration module? This is the only reason I can think of that it wouldn't work with it currently.

I'll see if I can set up a demo site with Virtuemart and find out what it does during registration.

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #291

• smckay79
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes it does, mod_virtuemart_login, thanks for looking in to this Dave, i have some users that I would love to be able to block them.

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #293

I've downloaded and installed Virtuemart on my demo site already... I haven't had a chance yet to see how their log-in module works. I have had a quick look though, and it shouldn't be too difficult to add support, it's just a question of having the time to read through their source code!

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #294

• smckay79
  • Fresh Boarder
your awesome man, thanks for taking the time, Ill definitely donate to you for your work!

-S

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #299

I think I have it working with Virtuemart - it certainly works on my test site. Please download 1.0.7 and let me know if it works for you. I've updated the internal block list too, as a few more disposable domains have appeared.

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #300

• smckay79
  • Fresh Boarder
in a quick test, its working great! Ill paypal you later tonight, thanks for this man!

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #301

No problem .

Incidentally, I have found one bug that seems to affect this plugin and my Article Footer plugin. If you click Apply, then Save, you will lose any custom domains you have added to the list. If you click Apply then Close, or just Save, then this problem doesn't occur. I don't know what is causing this at the moment, but as soon as I do I'll be releasing a fix for both plugins. In the meantime, my suggestion is to just do one or other - use Apply or Save, but not both.

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 3 months ago #302

Bug now resolved. Was caused by a typo.

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 2 months ago #321

• smckay79
  • Fresh Boarder
I think there may be some other issues with Virtuemart and your plugin.

What is happening is when someone tried to make a purchase, it tells them that the email address is invalid - I have had it happen on a couple of orders so far.

its when I get to the check out that I have the problem & it won't accept my address saying my email address can't be registered. I opened a PayPal account so I could purchase from the on-line store, so obviously I'm doing something wrong. I'm not the most computer literate person. I appreciate your help.

# I have now tried at least 15 times to order a leash for my puppy. The message I keep getting when your website asks for the billing registration, (which I enter) is Sorry, the email address can not be registered.

Any ideas?

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 2 months ago #322

• smckay79
  • Fresh Boarder
The problem seems to be on this page,

index.php?page=checkout.index&option=com_virtuemart

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 2 months ago #323

I will check this page. Hopefully I'll be able to disable the check if on that page. Having said this, do you know what email addresses they were trying to use? Are these email addresses in fact blocked by the blocklist?

I am in the middle of a large web project at the minute which is taking up all my time - I won't be able to check this until early next week (deadline for the project is three days, so I really can't take any time out to look at this until that is out of the way).

I'll update here once I've done some more checks, but if you could check the email addresses against the blocklist in the meantime that would be useful.

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 2 months ago #326

Ok, I've managed to do some testing on this issue. Basically, users will only ever be restricted if they try to use an email address that is on the banned list. There is no way round this - in Virtuemart, the registration page is the same whether the user has something in their cart or not - there is nothing I can see that I can test against as to whether there should be an exception made.

If a user uses an address that is not banned, there are no problems (as expected). The only option would be to remove the domains from the blocklist for the users that are having problems signing up.

I have tested with the new version of Block Disposable, which incorporates other block options (including restricted usernames and IP addresses), but the way it works is exactly the same as the currently released version (I still have a little testing to do with v1.1).

So, basically, the plugin is working exactly as I'd expect - it is blocking domains that it is configured to block.

If I've misunderstood, please let me know.

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 2 months ago #334

• agron
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for this mod. It is wonderful.
How can I block anything from Russia? I want to block every email that ends with .ru. Is this possible? I would really appreciate the help

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 2 months ago #335

I've just checked, and the current version won't allow you to block domain extensions (or sub-domains). However, this feature will be in the next release, at which point to block an entire country you just need to add the country code to the block list (i.e. add .ru to the list).

The next version should be ready at some point over the next week.

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 2 months ago #336

• agron
  • Fresh Boarder
Great I can't wait for next release. Thank you so much

Re:work with virtuemart? 11 years, 1 month ago #362

Just to let you know, the latest version is out. It supports subdomain blocking now (just precede the domain with a .), as well as futher enhancements.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.