Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Check Spelling as you type gives time errors.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Check Spelling as you type gives time errors.

Check Spelling as you type gives time errors. 9 years, 11 months ago #1408

• aandph
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi:

Nice editor with one problem so far.

Joomla 1.5.20

Tried demo spell checker and that was a mistake. Started getting wait errors. Turned off spell checker as you type. I doesn't turn off. Says it is but it keeps trying to work and keep getting error messages.

Alan

Re:Check Spelling as you type gives time errors. 9 years, 11 months ago #1409

Thanks for the report. To be honest, I didn't know CKEditor had such a spelling tool! I will look into this and see if I can find out what the problem is. There is an update due for ceditCKEditor anyway, I just need to find a little time to finish integrating the new file browser.

Re:Check Spelling as you type gives time errors. 9 years, 11 months ago #1410

• aandph
  • Fresh Boarder
This is on the CeditCKeditor not the CK editor. Hope I've got that spelled right, I don't have Joomla open.

Alan

Re:Check Spelling as you type gives time errors. 9 years, 11 months ago #1411

The spell check is a feature in CKEditor, ceditCKEditor simplies allows Joomla to use CKEditor (and also adds a file browser). I'll let you know when I've had a look.

Re:Check Spelling as you type gives time errors. 9 years, 11 months ago #1412

• aandph
  • Fresh Boarder
The error message in ceditCKEditor is

Unresponsive Script . . .

Script: svc.spellchecker.net/spellcheck31/lf/scayt24/_base.xd.js:4862

Also I noticed a bug in CKEditor today.
When you expand the area you type in, then do editing, then click the save button provided by CKEditor (not the Joomla save button), it acts like it is saving, but does not save anything. I lost about 20 minutes of work today.

Alan

Re:Check Spelling as you type gives time errors. 9 years, 11 months ago #1413

I've just checked and confirmed the save bug. I think CKEditor is using Javascript to submit the changes, but choosing the wrong button (or submission). I'll see if I can either resolve this or disable the save button (to prevent it being used).

I can't confirm the spell checker - this works for me. However, I have just updated CKEditor to the latest version, so it may be that there was a bug in the last release that has been fixed.

I'll release the next beta shortly.
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by purplepomegranite.

Re:Check Spelling as you type gives time errors. 9 years, 11 months ago #1414

• aandph
  • Fresh Boarder
I was using version 2 something on CKEditor. Downloaded newest version and got a No XML file error???

Using NDEditor Switch.

Alan

Re:Check Spelling as you type gives time errors. 9 years, 11 months ago #1415

Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear. I have updated ceditCKEditor with the latest CKEditor - but it needs to be integrated into the rest of the plugin, unfortunately you can't just download CKEditor and install it into Joomla.

I'll have a new beta quite soon, I am just looking at the Save button and trying to get kcfinder working (which is going to replace my file browser).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.