Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules Manager and Cloudmark Desktop Spam Manager
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rules Manager and Cloudmark Desktop Spam Manager

Rules Manager and Cloudmark Desktop Spam Manager 10 years ago #386

Hello, I use Cloudmark Desktop spam manager. I really like this product because it produces zero false positives, and is generally 98 percent or more accurate in filtering spam.

HOWEVER... it has one very annoying quirk. Cloudmark allows Outlook to execute its rules first, then it filters spam. So, let's say I have a forwarding rule that if an email is from someone, it is to be forwarded to a second account. So, if a spam email comes in, it is forwarded and then deleted.

Why is this a problem? I want to use forwarding to send email to my mobile phone (spam filtered). Obviously I cannot do this as it is set up and the Cloudmark folks don't seem interested in helping me out at all.

So, if I install your rules plugin, what will happen with respect to Cloudmark? Will I still have the same behavior?

Many thanks.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Rules Manager and Cloudmark Desktop Spam Manager 10 years ago #389

That's an interesting situation that I hadn't considered.

Currently, Rules Manager acts in exactly the same way as Cloudmark, in that if there is a specific rule that matches an email, this is processed before any anti-spam filtering.

I will look at adding an option to process rules (or just particular rules) after the anti-spam has been applied.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.