Username Password: Remember me

Exporting rules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Exporting rules

Exporting rules 10 years, 2 months ago #308

• Dragonhome
  • Fresh Boarder
The ability to export the rules in a format that can be read on another machine that doesn't have the Rules Manager on it.

I have a company laptop that I am able to use for both home & work emails (and projects) that I can not install new software on (company requirement for the ability to ghave a compant laptop)

Judy
The topic has been locked.

Re:Exporting rules 10 years, 2 months ago #310

That is certainly possible. In fact, it is fairly straight-forward, but what format should they be in, and how would the export be used?

For example, I don't know any other rules engines that import rules other than there own. If there was a standard format I could easily implement it, but while it is possible to import rules from Outlook, it is a completely different thing exporting rules into Outlook.

Re:Exporting rules 10 years, 2 months ago #312

• Dragonhome
  • Fresh Boarder
Just exporting the rules to be read in Outlook on my laptop.

Judy

Re:Exporting rules 10 years, 2 months ago #313

I thought that was what you meant. If it were possible, I would, just as I would create an import function for previous versions. Microsoft just didn't implement this functionality in earlier versions of Outlook. I have looked at the raw code of the imported and exported rules, but the amount of work involved in working out what is what and how to recreate it just isn't feasible, unfortunately.

Re:Exporting rules 10 years, 2 months ago #314

• Dragonhome
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I can confience my company to get your software and put it on the laptops.

Judy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.