RV2 and Jomsocial?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: RV2 and Jomsocial?

RV2 and Jomsocial? 8 years, 11 months ago #1241

• pixeljoe
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

Does this integrate well with the current jomsocial? Considering it also utilised facebook logon option..

I'm in the midst of considering this subscription so that I can manually block ip, is this possible? I want to use it as an extra function. For instant, a user has been harassing members - I want to see their ip and block them directly via ip.. could this be done?

Cheers!

Re:RV2 and Jomsocial? 8 years, 11 months ago #1242

It integrates with JomSocial registration. It hasn't been tested against the Facebook log-in - but wouldn't work in this case anyway, as essentially a Facebook user would already be registered, so RV wouldn't have a chance to check any credentials. Any new user signing up will be checked by RV and rejected (or not) based on settings.

IPs can be blocked from registering - simply add them to the blocklist in the parameters. This won't block already registered users from the site however - the IP block is only effective at registration (though I am considering adding a complete block option for a later version).

Re:RV2 and Jomsocial? 8 years, 11 months ago #1243

• pixeljoe
  • Fresh Boarder
Does it still record registered members IP address associated to the members username? I supposed the admin can then delete the account and add the ip address to the list of ip to be block later if they tried to register again?

Re:RV2 and Jomsocial? 8 years, 11 months ago #1244

Registration Validator will only record IP addresses during registration under normal logging levels (under verbose or debug it will log all IP addresses - but you won't be able to match them to a user account as that information isn't needed by RV). So if there is a problem user, RV by itself won't be a great help (but then, it is designed only as a registration protection utility).

Adding the IP address(es) to the block list once a user account has been deleted will prevent them signing up again from the same IP address. However, depending upon the user this may also not be a very effective defence - it is not very difficult to obtain a new IP address (either by using a proxy or if your internet connection has dynamic IP). RV does try and determine the actual source IP as opposed to any proxies, but this information may not be available and may also be modified quite easily.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.