Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Installation and Usage
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installation and Usage

Installation and Usage 9 years, 8 months ago #949

Hi,
I am a newbie in Joomla!. I installed Joomla! 1.5 in my system. I want to put a Captcha code related stuff in my demo site. On seeing the rating in Joomla Extensions Directory, I decided to install this "Registration Validator" for my demo site. I registered and downloaded the plugin. I installed using Extensions -> Install/Uninstall option in Joomla. The plugin got installed and can see the same in Plugin Manager also.

Now the problem is, how I can put this plugin in my registration page, in a particular?? I couldn't find the installation manual or User manual or a document to explain various options available in Plugin page in Joomla.

So, please help in finding some suitable document.

Regards,
Y. Keerthi Sagar.

Re:Installation and Usage 9 years, 8 months ago #950

Once the plugin is installed and enabled (note that you need to enable it from Plugin Manager once it is installed), then it is working already - it will automatically check the registration so long as you are using one of the supported registration components (or standard Joomla registration).

You can adjust plugin parameters if required from the Plugin Manager.

Note that the plugin is silent until it blocks. You will see no difference to your registration page, and there is in fact no evidence that this plugin is installed/working until it blocks a registration.

Re:Installation and Usage 9 years, 2 months ago #1376

• DaleHutch
  • Fresh Boarder
I had the same question.

Is there a way to test the plugin?

... Update..

I tried to register using one of the banned domain names...

Looks like it works...

Thanks!

Last Edit: 9 years, 2 months ago by DaleHutch.

Re:Installation and Usage 9 years, 2 months ago #1377

I'll add an article explaining how to test, as it's a question that keeps cropping up!

The way I usually test is to register with an email address listed on StopForumSpam, or a disposable domain (e.g. trashmail.com, which is on the internal list).

For more detailed testing, then the best bet is to enable logging, as then RV shows exactly what it is doing.

Re:Installation and Usage 9 years, 1 month ago #1417

• romaba
  • Fresh Boarder
purplepomegranite wrote:
I'll add an article explaining how to test, as it's a question that keeps cropping up!

The way I usually test is to register with an email address listed on StopForumSpam, or a disposable domain (e.g. trashmail.com, which is on the internal list).

For more detailed testing, then the best bet is to enable logging, as then RV shows exactly what it is doing.

Thanks! It worked for me.

Re:Installation and Usage 9 years, 1 month ago #1434

• castello
  • Fresh Boarder
can we manage and add our own list to be blocked?

Re:Installation and Usage 9 years, 1 month ago #1435

Yes, you can add your own blocklist. The internal list (which is either enabled or disabled) consists only of disposable email domains. Any other domains you can add to the blocklist as required.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.