Username Password: Remember me

Still getting spam registrations & forum posts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Still getting spam registrations & forum posts

Still getting spam registrations & forum posts 8 years, 8 months ago #1691

• ukfish1
Hi

I installed Registration Validator on a domain that I was getting loads of bogus registrations and forum posts. It may be coincidence but these seemed to stop for one day but retstarted quite quickly.

I tested the registration process (several times)with email addresses I took from Stop Forum Spam and it accepted the new registrations OK.

Just one question. I have recaptcha enabled on the registration form (which is also the Kunenan forum signup)- do I need to disable this to get Registration Validator to work?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Still getting spam registrations & forum posts 8 years, 8 months ago #1692

You shouldn't need to disable captcha if it is enabled, though my aim in RV is to make captcha unnecessary. That is my personal aim though, and I know many people use it in conjunction with captcha - no system can be 100% effective.

It should work with Kunena - however, if you are using the latest version of Kunena you will want RV2.1.4. Let me know and I can email it to you - I haven't put it on the site yet, but it is running on this site and some other users are using it. There may be some more updates to it before I release it.

Re: Still getting spam registrations & forum posts 8 years, 8 months ago #1693

• ukfish1
I am using version 1.5.11 of Kunena. If the latest version of RV would help, please send it.

Any ideas why I was still able to register with email addresses from Stop Forum Spam?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Still getting spam registrations & forum posts 8 years, 8 months ago #1695

I've just sent it.

Being able to register with StopForumSpam registered addresses means something isn't working. As you are not on Kunena 1.6, I don't think the changes in RV2.1.4 will change anything for you - the next step is to enable logging and see what is being detailed there.

Do you use JomSocial on your site at all? That is the only other component that I know can throw RV off, but this is easily fixed by changing plugin order.
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by purplepomegranite.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.