Username Password: Remember me

Undisposable.net Is Down?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Undisposable.net Is Down?

Undisposable.net Is Down? 8 years, 10 months ago #1437

• linux4me
  • Fresh Boarder
First of all, thanks for a great extension! I've had a lot of fun blocking all the spam registrations I was getting.

I have logging enabled and noticed that undisposable.net consistently errors out due to apparent inability to connect. I tried just browsing to the site, which is currently redirected to undisposable.org, but it times out, so I guess the site is no more?

I googled a bit and it looks like there have been similar problems with the site off and on.

I have disabled undisposable.net in Extensions -> Plugin Manager -> Registration Validator to avoid the delay for legitimate registrations while undisposable.net is checked.

Does anyone know anything about whether undisposable is just temporarily down or gone for good?

Re:Undisposable.net Is Down? 8 years, 10 months ago #1438

I've no idea whether it will be coming back, but I have had undisposable disabled for ages now. It does sometimes pop up again, but it was so unreliable that I didn't see the point. I also seriously doubt that the data is being updated anymore either. I have actually sent several emails in the past to the address listed on the site, and never received a response.

RV has disposable domains built into it (that is the internal list that can be enabled). RV2 has the list updated between releases (when new disposable domains have been found) so is probably more current than undisposable (and a lot faster, being internal).

Re:Undisposable.net Is Down? 8 years, 10 months ago #1439

• linux4me
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've been adding the few domains that aren't already covered by the local list that comes with RV, stopforumspam, spamhaus, and botscout, with the emphasis on "few." The coverage you get in RV with the other methods is really very complete, so the loss of undisposable.net really doesn't seem to matter. With the HTTP timeout defaulting to 5, it doesn't slow down the validation much, either, but I figure diabling it makes sense for me.

Re: Undisposable.net Is Down? 8 years, 4 months ago #1736

• itzekocke
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

today I launched a new service. Have a look at wwhttp://www.block-disposable-email.com.

Any suggestions are welcome,

Gerold

Re: Undisposable.net Is Down? 8 years, 4 months ago #1738

Thanks for letting me know. I'll add support for your service in the next release of RV.

Re: Undisposable.net Is Down? 8 years, 3 months ago #1798

• InSeattle
  • Fresh Boarder
I had a related question. If a particular service is down and I've configured the plugin to use that service, does a non-response cause the registration to be considered valid or invalid? Thanks!!

Re: Undisposable.net Is Down? 8 years, 3 months ago #1812

• itzekocke
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

it does not depend on the service itself but the way you integrate it.

If you check first if the service responds no blocking should happen if it is not reachable in the second a new user subscribes. And in PHP you can also set the timelimit how long the scripts waits for a response of the service: ini_set('default_socket_timeout',8).

if ($response = @file("http://check.block-disposable-email.com/check.php?mail=".$domain)) 
	{
    if ($response[0]<>"OK") echo "Something wrong ... do not allow to subscribe"; 
	}
else echo "OK, user is allowed to subscribe";

Some more anwers can be found at www.block-disposable-email.com/faq.php

Itzekocke

PS: Please do not forget to register your server ip before using the service (www.block-disposable-email.com/register.php).
Last Edit: 8 years, 3 months ago by itzekocke.

Re: Undisposable.net Is Down? 8 years, 3 months ago #1813

As far as RV2 goes, if a server/service is down, then the registration will be allowed.

Re: Undisposable.net Is Down? 7 years, 6 months ago #1943

• itzekocke
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am not sure, sorry for asking again: as undisposable.net is down - have you already switched the RV to the service I mentioned some month ago?

There are 2.800 domains detected so far, 700k queries answered. See www.block-disposable-email.com

Would be great to get an answer,

Gerold
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.