TOPIC: Installation Problem

Installation Problem 9 years, 5 months ago #1283

• tsost
  • Fresh Boarder
I received the following error message after attempting to install:

* JFolder::create: Could not create directory
* Warning! Failed to move file.

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 5 months ago #1284

This is a problem with permissions on the webserver, and not to do with Registration Validator. Can you install other plugins ok?

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 5 months ago #1285

• tsost
  • Fresh Boarder
That appears to be the issue. Can you advise on what directory needs to be adjusted and what permissions to be applied?

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 5 months ago #1286

It's difficult to say. Do you have full access to your server via cPanel or similar? Joomla needs write access to pretty much the whole site.

If you have FTP access, one thing you can do is to enter FTP details in the Joomla config to allow Joomla to use this method to update files - there are security issues with this though, and I would not recommend keeping the details there except when needed.

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 1 month ago #1440

• StormIT
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm having exactly the same problem installing this.

Folder permissions are 755 and files are 644 throughout site. Have tried the above FTP fix but not working. Have also manually tried uploading the files, but still not working

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 1 month ago #1441

Are you having this problem with all plugins?

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 1 month ago #1442

• StormIT
  • Fresh Boarder
Nope

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 1 month ago #1443

If it is only RV you are having problems with, then it could be that the zip file you have downloaded is corrupt. I have had a couple of issues reported that turned out to be due to a corrupt download. Can you extract the zip properly on your machine? If you can, I'm not sure what else to suggest - which version of Joomla! are you installing on?

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 1 month ago #1444

• StormIT
  • Fresh Boarder
Installing on Joomla 1.5.20

Files in zip file are:

cedit_blockdisposable (FOLDER)
editdisposable.php (IN ABOVE FOLDER)
cedit_blockdisposable.php
cedit_blockdisposable.xml
defaultblocklist.php
install.html
registrationvalidator.log

I have even tried uploading these manually to the plugins/system folder but then they don't appear in the Plugin Manager in Joomla... ?!

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 1 month ago #1445

I've just upgraded my test site to 1.5.20 (was on 1.5.15) and installed the package from this website. It installed as expected, no problems. Your file list is correct (except for install.html is actually index.html, but I am presuming this is a typo).

Manually copying the files won't work, as installing the plugin also updates the database.

The error itself is a permissions problem. I really don't know what to suggest if other plugins install ok.

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 1 month ago #1446

• StormIT
  • Fresh Boarder
Have just installed it on localhost and it installed ok... hmm.. ok thanks for your help!!

Re:Installation Problem 9 years, 1 month ago #1447

• linux4me
  • Fresh Boarder
You might try logging on to Joomla and looking at Help -> System Info -> Directory Permissions to make sure everything is green.

It seems like it might also be user:group related on the server end. IIRC JFolder will give you that error for any permissions-related problem creating a folder. It would be worth taking a look at your server error logs if you have logging enabled in php.ini to see if there's more info.

Checking with the web host would be my next step...

Re:Installation Problem 8 years, 12 months ago #1501

• khoffman
  • Fresh Boarder
Having same error message. Double-checked permissions, and that is not the problem. Not a problem with folders, (checked with hosting company). Is there any way to manually install? I keep getting this error message no matter what I do, it just won't install.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.