Username Password: Remember me

Images not displaying when I "browse server."
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Images not displaying when I "browse server."

Images not displaying when I "browse server." 9 years, 2 months ago #1203

• EIanetti
  • Fresh Boarder
As I've said, I really like this editor. I updated to the new release today and I am havng an error. When I click on the link to insert/manage an image, the popup window opens and I am given a link to browse the server for the image I want.

When I click this link I am brought to my images, but only a grey box with the alternate name for the image appears. If I click on an image, the alternate name disapperas also and I just have the red X where the image should be.

I have tried fidling with the the path, but that is not the problem. The Browse link takes me to the right place, it just doen't display the images.

Please help.

Re:Images not displaying when I "browse server." 9 years, 2 months ago #1204

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

First of all, could you confirm your server? Is it Apache or IIS, and does it run on Windows or Linux?

And secondly, could you also confirm the entry of your "Image folder" parameter from the plugin. It may be that if there is a trailing or prepended slash (directory separator), then it may affect the display on some systems. My parameters just contain "images" as the image folder (no slashes), and this works on both my Linux and Windows server.

Re:Images not displaying when I "browse server." 9 years, 2 months ago #1206

• EIanetti
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for responding - I did not notice any delay and I have no complaints.

My server is Apache with Linux.

I tried prepending and appending the slash. I also tried several other combinations /image/ /images/stories, etc.

But, no luck.

I am attaching a screen shot of what I get when I click the browse server button from the inside ceditCKE when I am looking to insert an image into an article.

Thanks again.
Last Edit: 9 years, 2 months ago by EIanetti. Reason: Confirm image is attached

Re:Images not displaying when I "browse server." 8 years, 8 months ago #1505

• andrea66vi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, i have the same problem, when i browse server to add images in the article a message in a new window say "Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

I tried to configure the path in the plugin settings in different way:
images
images/stories
images/
images/stories/

but none resolve the problem, please help me to resolve this problem.
Thank you, bye.

Joomla 1.5.20
Server Linux and Apache

Re: Images not displaying when I "browse server." 8 years, 8 months ago #1511

how many pictures do you have in the folder?
I had the same problem. I had 170 pictures in a folder, then I deleted 100 pictures so that it was only 70 images left. then they showed up

Best regards
Gjedtjernet
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by gjedtjernet.

Re:Images not displaying when I "browse server." 8 years, 8 months ago #1517

• andrea66vi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, i tried to delete many images in the folders e subfolders, but have the same problem. When i push on the Search on server button a message in a new browser page appear:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

I have seen also the server error list, and have found this:

File does not exist: /web/htdocs/www.xxxxx.it/home/web/administrator/images/stories

Why the path is: web/administrator/images/stories
and not is: web/images/stories

The images folder is not administrator subfolder, where is possible to change the path ?

I have seen in the plugin setting and also in Joomla configuration, the path is right: images/stories

I hope someone can help me. Thank you, bye.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Copyright © 2009 www.cedit.biz. All rights reserved.